Michigan stylists, barbers, salon/shop owners and clients have expressed concern about the lack of continuing education in the state.
- Professionals are spending their hard-earned money travelling across state lines to attend continuing education classes.
- Educators are discouraged from providing CEU courses because it is not a requirement.
- Salon owners complain that graduates are not prepared and need additional and consistent education.
State mandated continuing education provides:
- Opportunities for professionals to enhance their skills in several industry areas, including business, making professionals more marketable and hirable.
- Consistent health and safety training, providing piece of mind for clients and communities.
Let's encourage our legislators to bring continuining education back for the Michigan beauty industry!