Over the past two years, we’ve built a statewide movement to protect the rights and safety of all Massachusetts residents. We’ve passed trust and welcoming policies in dozens of communities. Now it’s time to ensure that everyone in our Commonwealth enjoys those protections.
The Safe Communities Act is back before the Mass. Legislature, as S.1401 (Sen. Jamie Eldridge) and H.3573 (Reps. Ruth Balser and Liz Miranda). It’s simpler and more succinct, but has the same strong provisions, backed by a broad-based and diverse coalition:
- No police inquiries about immigration status;
- Provide basic due process protections;
- Limit notifications to ICE about immigrants in custody;
- End 287(g) contracts to deputize officers as ICE agents; and
- Provide crucial training and accountability.
Will you contact your legislators today and urge them to advocate for the SCA with leadership and with their colleagues?
Use our form to email your legislators right away, or even better, call them (find their numbers here) or visit their office. They need to hear from us time and again, so let’s keep up the pressure!