Just before Thanksgiving, Congress made progress on year-end spending negotiations and is now finalizing details of HUD’s fiscal year 2020 appropriations bill.
The House and Senate spending bills are far apart on a key LeadingAge priority: funding for new housing under the Section 202 Housing for the Elderly program. The House bill includes $140 million for new Section 202 homes. The Senate bill includes $0 (zero) funds for new Section 202 homes.
Your representative and senators need to hear these key messages from you today:
- Retain the House bill’s $140 million for new Section 202 homes in the final FY20 HUD bill.
- Enact a final FY20 HUD bill by December 20th to avoid additional Continuing Resolutions.
Send a message to your elected officials in Congress and urge them to expand affordable housing for older adults. Your voice will make a difference as we work with Congress to finish the job on funding for these vital programs.
How You Can Help:
- Call or email your lawmakers TODAY!
- Share this information with the residents in your community and suggest that they call as well. The proposed changes will directly impact them.
- Forward this action alert to your network.