The House and Senate are negotiating the differences between their fiscal year 2020 HUD spending bills.
LeadingAge’s top priority is to expand the supply of affordable housing provided through HUD’s Section 202 Housing for the Elderly program.
The House bill provides $140 million for new Section 202 homes in FY20. The Senate bill provides no funding for new Section 202 homes. We greatly appreciate the Senate bill’s $17 million and the House bill’s $5 million for new Service Coordinators, which are greatly needed. LeadingAge urges that funding for new 202 homes and for new Service Coordinators be in the final FY20 HUD funding bill.
Your representative and senators need to hear from you:
- We need significant expansion of funding for new homes under HUD’s Section 202 program.
- Now is not the time to roll-back recent progress for new Section 202 homes.
- The final FY20 HUD funding bill must include at least the House’s $140 million for new Section 202 homes.
- The Senate bill’s zero funding for new Section 202 homes is unacceptable.
How You Can Help:
- Call or email your lawmakers TODAY!
- Share this information with the residents in your community and suggest that they call as well. The proposed changes will directly impact them.
- Forward this action alert to your network.