With just 2 weeks left in the Connecticut General Assembly’s 2018 Legislative Session, there is a minimum wage bill moving that will negatively impact your business should it become law.
We are asking you to email your legislators and ask them to support the hospitality industry by opposing this measures.
How this bill will negatively impact the industry:
- Elimination of jobs
- Cutting of staff hours
- Increase prices for consumers
- Less opportunity for first-time job seekers
Additional facts about pressures on the restaurant industry in Connecticut:
1) Connecticut has experienced two of the highest tax increases in state history over the last six years.
2) Connecticut hasn’t fully recovered from the 2008 recession as efficiently as neighboring states.
3) Connecticut's minimum wage is 9th highest in the country.
4) Connecticut has increased it's minimum wage 31% in the last 10 years.
5) Connecticut would add an additional 48.5% increase to the current minimum wage.
Take action now and tell your lawmaker not to support this harmful proposal!