The State Legislature finally passed the long awaited capital budget, and the news is great for the UW. The budget contains investments in key projects on all 3 campuses, especially in areas of high demand and high impact.
Key investments include:
- Funding to design an innovative shared teaching center for the UW's six Health Sciences schools
- Funding to complete construction on the Burke Museum, the state's natural history museum
- Funding to accommodate growing enrollments at UW Bothell and UW Tacoma
- Funding to renovate Parrington Hall, in which students prepare for careers in public service
- Funding to support the Center for Advanced Materials and Clean Energy technology
Thank your legislators today. Your gratitude will go a long way as lawmakers continue to consider the operating budget.